2015 - I'm not ready yet!


So 2015 has finally arrived. After a year in flux, waiting to move house and then house sales falling through, I cannot express how much I have been looking forward to the change in year. BUT now it's here I'm not quite ready yet. I've read a lot of blog posts over the last couple of days with people's new year resolutions and their hopes and dreams for the year ahead, but I don't feel like I'm there. Is it ok to start your new year resolutions in a couple of weeks, when I've had some time to contemplate....?

I don't think my state of anguish is helped by the complete "in between" stage that I feel in at the moment. We are moving house in 8 days time, I have a house full of boxes, Christmas presents that I have no-where to put away, a fridge full of leftovers but no plans to stock my cupboards full with lots of healthy food only to have to pack it up in a few days time. It just doesn't feel like the right time to be starting a fresh and making lots of resolutions that I have no chance of maintaining over the next 8 days.

So instead I have decided my new years day will be 13 January this year. That morning I will wake up in my new house (probably still surrounded by boxes), with the opportunity to try new things and take new approaches to old habits. That seems like the perfect time to start a fresh.

So with that short post, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and good luck with all your resolutions and hopes and dreams for the year ahead. If you're not there yet, join me in my hiatus for the next week. Let yourself get over the mammoth adventure that the holidays can be, give yourself time to breath and join me in making new years resolutions a little behind schedule. 
Speak soon x


1 comment:

  1. Hope you'll have a great time in your new house and Happy New Year. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.