Autumn Decor 2015 - Decorating for Winter Hibernation

Now that the clocks have gone back and the nights are getting colder and darker, I'm really feeling in the mood to cosy up and hibernate on the sofa. Today I thought I'd share how I've been decorating my hibernation cave to make it warm and cosy.

When we moved into our new home, the previous owners had a very neutral scheme in the lounge but really vibrant, orange accessories. I really liked the idea of the neutral scheme, so decided to keep it by giving the walls a fresh coat of white paint. The white walls also really help to brighten up my quite dark Victorian terrace.


Pumpkin: TK Maxx ~ Owl: Matalan

Fueled up Instagram inspiration, I have decided to have a go at changing my decor out for the seasons and adding accessories to add interest. Having the neutral decor, makes this far easier as I can add and change accessories frequently without having to make excessive changes.

Pumpkins: TK Maxx


A few weeks ago I put away our yellow and grey decor, and swapped in our cosy reds and autumnal decor. The difference these little changes have made has been surprisingly stark. The room had gone from a light, modern space to a cosy, warm environment, perfect for winter hibernation.

Owl: Poundland ~ Pumpkin: TK Maxx ~ Jug: Ebay ~ Leaves: Decoflora


The pictures I'm sharing today show my autumnal decor that I put up at the beginning of October and will probably keep until I swap it all out for Christmas decorations at the beginning of December.

Jugs: Ebay ~ Leaves: Decoflora ~ Pumpkins: TK Maxx ~ Owl: Poundland


This week I'll be adding a few Halloween decorations for the weekend - you can spot a sneak peak at the pumpkin chocolates below!


Leaf Plate: TK Maxx ~ Candle: Matalan ~ Coffee Table: Made

If you're interested in seeing the Halloween decorations I picked up this year, I posted my 2015 Halloween Haul on my You Tube channel today.

Pumpkins: TK Maxx ~ Bowl: Bought on holiday in Spain


I'm pleased with how much of a change the accessories have made, and I'm hoping to pick up some tartan cushions soon to finish it off. How do you decorate for the autumn/winter months? What's your favourite accessory for winter hibernation?
Speak soon x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.