How I've used my Planners in 2015

With 2016 fast approaching, the new planners and diaries are on the market and like most I'm starting to think about how I want to plan next year and what planners I will need. Before my holiday I shared my review of my 2015 Personal Planner. Today I thought I'd continue with the planner theme and share how I like to use my planners. I've also uploaded my first "Plan with me" video to my You Tube channel if you want to check out how I plan with stickers etc.



I am currently using two planners - my Personal Planner is used for organising my home life, keeping track of chores, appointments, errands and important to dos. I also use a daily planner as a daily to do list for both work and home.

My use of my Personal Planner has been up and down throughout the year and it often depends how busy I am. When I'm busy or have lots on at weekends I often don't have the time to make it beautifully pretty with stickers and washi. On these weekends I tend to stick to lists, colour coded lists though - using my Staedtler Fineliners. 



When I have more time on my hands, I love nothing better than sitting down on a Sunday evening with a hot cup of tea and taking my time to plan and decorate. When I do this I tend to focus on appointments, chores and any key/important to dos that must be done on a particular day. 



For my more routine to dos, or those extensive daily to do lists that occur on a day off or at a weekend I have taken to using an A6 sized daily planner that I picked up in a pound store. It's the perfect size for a daily to do list of all those tasks you want to get done. 



I have also been using this for my work daily to do lists and to plan out my day. I sit down on the train with my Blackberry and Daily Planner, look at my overnight emails, my meetings for the day and my task list to work out what I can achieve today or what must be done today.

I'm still working on finding the perfect planner system for me, and next year I think I will look into the multiple planner approach a bit further. How have you been using your planner(s) this year? What are you looking for in your planner for 2016?
Speak soon x 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.