The Red House 24 Days of Christmas - Day Two: Decorating My Christmas Tree

Success - I'm back for day two of my 24 posts for Christmas challenge, only 22 more days to go!! Today I am sharing one of my favourite parts of my Christmas preparations - my Christmas Tree.

I love decorating my Christmas Tree and go for a different style or theme each year, while keeping the majority of my ornaments. This is the sixth year I have had my own Christmas Tree and I have been collecting ornaments ever since. Each year I purchase a few unique and beautiful ornaments to add to my collection - you can see this year's purchases in today's You Tube Video. My aim is to slowly build my collection over the years so that as I grow older my tree becomes full of beautiful Christmas ornaments from years gone by and the memories that go with them.


As I mentioned yesterday, this year I am going for a traditional red and gold theme, with hints of green. I used a set of Wilko red, gold and green baubles to add depth before adding my one off ornaments.



We went for a fake tree for the first time this year as we have a young cat who likes to investigate all these new things in the house. We purchased the Berry and Cone 7ft Artificial Tree from Homebase. After years of a real tree, I am pleasantly surprised how full the tree looks, although I can't believe how long it took us to fluff the tree!!!



With the bay window in my new house I wanted to make sure we had a tall tree to fill the space and I think we could possibly have gone a bit higher than 7ft. The largest we have had before is a 5ft tree so I had to do a last minute dash to the shops for some more lights for the tree this year, but I think it was worth it.



If you wanted to check out my tree decor from last year, which was a more rustic theme I posted about my tree decorating process here.

I'm really pleased with how my tree turned out this year, I think the colours complement really nicely and make the room feel very festive. How have you decorated your tree this year? Tweet your pictures to me @theredhouse19 and I'll retweet for us all to enjoy (and steal ideas for next year!!).
Speak soon x




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.