Easter Home Decor - Spring 2016

Happy Easter! I hope you are having a lovely long weekend and catching some time to snuggle up with some tea and blog reading :-). We're having a quiet lazy day in today, although we might go for a walk in the park following our roast lamb later - weather permitting of course!

I thought I would opt for something quite simple today and share my Easter and Spring home decor. With the seasons changing I have switched out my cosy autumn/winter decor for some bright and light Spring pieces. I love using bright and pastel colours in the Spring to brighten up the place, even if the weather outside doesn't always play ball.

I like to keep my Spring decor quite simple and low key to create a light and airy space for the lighter months. I tend to focus my decor on a few key areas: the dining table; the mantelpiece and the side table.



Yellow is definitely one of my favourite colours for the Spring season as it is a complete contrast to the darker tones I use in the Winter and is so bright it always makes me smile. The pastel eggs are foam eggs I bought in a packet from Wilko for just a £1 and painted with some pastel paint samples I already had. I love how they turned out. 



Flowers instantly make a room feel more Spring like and I like to put them up all round the house. I mainly use fake flowers because they are easier and cheaper in the long run, but also more cat friendly. I do buy lots of daffodils in March though because they are one of my favourite flowers and are one of the first signs of Spring. 


These Pineapple and Ginger candles from Primark were an absolute steal at just £2 and they smell lovely - although you have to get quite close to pick up the scent. The colour was perfect for my Spring decor. You can see what else I picked up in Primark here.


I don't have too many pieces of Easter decor but I do like to add a few touches. I love these little chicks I picked up in Hobby Craft last year in a pack of six. They are just the right amount of cute to dot around my living areas to add a little Easter to my normal Spring decor.



Of course my Easter decorating had to spill over into my Kikki K and my Erin Condren planners for the week. I filmed a plan with me for my Erin Condren this week too if you are interested in checking it out.

I hope you are having a lovely Easter Sunday and enjoying all the scrummy chocolate. Unfortunately it has started hailing here in London while I have been typing this so not sure our Easter walk is going to happen. Think we'll snuggle up with a film instead. What are you up to this Easter Sunday?
Speak soon x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.