Summer Lifestyle Favourites 2017

Can you believe it is September already? Where did this year go? I am working out when in the next couple of weeks I'm going to switch out my summer and autumn home decor, and before you know it I'll be putting up the Halloween decs!



Before we wave goodbye to the summer completely though, I thought I would share some of my favourite things and discoveries over the summer months. For those of you new here I tend to blog about and make You Tube videos on a whole range of things, so my favourites are pretty wide ranging too.



Beauty -  This summer I have fallen in love with an old purchase, a new purchase and a re-purchase. I've had the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors for ages but have been keeping them in my handbag over the last couple of months. I love the consistency, not too sticky but very moisturising. Plus I like that they add a bit of colour.

I've also been loving my new Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick that I picked up in Sephora while on holiday. Again the consistency is perfect and the deep matte type colour is definitely my kind of thing. In writing this blog post I have just discovered that Kat Von D make up is now available at Debenhams in the UK - I am very excited about this!

This summer I also picked up a full size of the L'occitane Cherry Blossom Eau de toilette. I've previously had the roller ball size of this and love the fresh but floral scent for summer.



Fashion and accessories - my ultimate favourite fashion item for summer has to be my Tory Burch Espadrilles. These have been my go to pair of shoes all of Spring/Summer, I have worn them when I've popped to the shops, travelling on our holidays and I've paired them with jeans and jacket for dress down Fridays at work. They are so comfortable, nice and airy as a summer shoe and have worn well despite my continued overuse of them. They have a similar pair on The Outnet.



Cross body bags have also been a go to for this month, and I have particularly been loving my Mulberry Mini-Lily and Mulberry Darley. They are both hugely functional bags, with card slots and plenty of room for essentials but are also well structured bags that can be dressed up and down. I have used these bags dressed by for summer functions but also dressed down for days out in London, wondering round museums and date nights to the cinema.


The Toms sunglasses that I picked up in their Venice Beach Flagship Store have been a regular wear throughout the summer. I love the shape and stark black rims, with the softer metal arms. I can't find this exact pair on their website but they have a great range of styles, and with the one for one promise I really would recommend checking them out for new sunnies.




Food and drink - for those who follow my blog or you tube channel you'll know that I am currently following The Body Coach 90 Day SSS Plan so my food choices are currently fairly restricted. But I do have to drink a lot  of water. If you saw my Wilko haul earlier this summer you'll know I picked up a stay hydrated fruit infuser water bottle. I have loved this so much that I have bought a second so that I can keep them in rotation.



Home products - I also wanted to flag my favourite laundry item over the last few months. If you have seen any of my poundland hauls you'll know that the Comfort Intense Vaporesse Ironing Water is a regular repurchase of mine. In a hard water area like London an ironing water can really help reduce limescale build up in your iron but the Fuschia Passion scent is also just a lovely fresh scent for your clothes.



Finally you'll have noticed some pretty fresh flowers dotted throughout my pictures. This is a new treat for me (as I'm not buying edible treats), some weekly fresh flowers for our home. I'm loving adding flowers around my home for the put together look as well as the beautiful additional scents in my home.

Have you found any new must haves through the summer months?
Speak soon x



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.